Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text visuals: Cards, table, matrix, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016).
- [Voiceover] We already created one text-based visual…and this text-based visual is a table.…We have a choice for a matrix which…is a little bit different. When we select a matrix…This can actually get a little bit larger.…I'm going to…slide this a bit out of our way.…Drag the handle to move this up to the top.…And there's our matrix as opposed to the table.…
Now, another type of text-based…visualization is called a card.…So if we insert a new visual…and I choose card,…then I have the ability to add information to that card.…So I could say that I'm going to add a continent,…and it's counting that.…Or perhaps in that visualization I want to…show a name list.…If we go back to the card it will simply count the names.…
So this gives us an overall,…and because I'm choosing text fields it can only count them…but if I were to choose something like the population,…what we would get if we chose card…is the world population.…That's not a bad thing,…but we should title that, I would think.…It's a little hard to discern that…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.