Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating relationships between tables, part of Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basics.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] This is the file that we've been working with,…and if you've been working along with me,…you would have saved this at the end of the last movie,…or are simply continuing into this movie.…I named my file Relationships.…You could have named yours whatever you wished.…But this is the file that we have made all…of the adjustments to, so that we are ready…to build Relationships between the Queries…in this particular file.…Specifically, we want to define how All Countries,…Population by Country, and Population Growth Rate…are related, because we want to pull information…from this data set, so that we can create visualizations.…
We need to be able to, for example,…show population by continent.…We don't have any population information in All Countries,…and we don't have Continents anywhere else.…Let me say that again.…We don't have Continents and Population by Country…or Population Growth Rates, so we need both…of those together, and a specification for how they are…related to each other.…To look at the Relationships, click the Relationships icon…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.