Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and formatting chart visuals, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016).
- [Voiceover] If you've been working along with me,…then you'll recognize this file.…You can work along with me by opening any version…of our countries and pop data, PBIX file.…This is what it looked like at the end of the last movie.…And we want to now create some…visualizations that are charts.…We have lots of text-based visualizations.…We have this nice population by continent.…On page two, we have some specific cards…that are multi-line, but I want to create some charts.…
So I'm going to click the plus button to add a third page,…and by the way, we can be naming these pages.…You just double-click as if they were Excel sheets…and so, I'm going to name this one…Continents Population or Continents Pop.…And second page, I don't really want it anymore,…I'm going to remove it.…Clicking the X, are you sure, it'll be gone.…And then page three, we'll just call this Charts.…We create chart visualizations the same way we create…text-based visualizations like the table.…
We decide what data we want to represent…in our visualization.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.