Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create relationships between tables, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In addition to being able to create…data models and transform our data,…one of the powerful reasons to use Power BI Desktop…is to be able to work with multiple data sources…and connect them through relationships.…I'm gonna fire up Power BI Desktop again…and we're going to use data from an Excel spreadsheet…in the Chapter eight file that is called Relationships.…Nothing we've worked with here,…so I'm going to Get Data, Excel,…Chapter eight, Relationships,…Power BI Desktop's creating a connection,…and I'm actually going to bring in Customers…and Customers here has a State,…but I'd like to have the names of the states for reports.…
So I'm going to choose States,…and you'll notice that what I have are abbreviations…and I then have the names of the states…and the District of Columbia spelled out,…and I have the Territory,…but the Territory is an abbreviation.…The Territories table has the abbreviation for the Territory…and the actual name of the Territory.…I want all of them.…I've selected them all.…Now what's in Table one?…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.