Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a new report, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There are three different ways…you can create a report in Power BI.…One method is to use Power BI Pro,…the tool that will be installed on your computer.…But within Power BI itself, we have two different methods.…If there's a report that exists already…that's pretty close to what you want,…then you could begin by saving this report…and then modifying the saved report.…You simply choose File, Save As…and you'll be creating a copy of the report.…So if I wanted to create, for example,…Retail Analysis in Ohio…and make a specific report,…I can do that.…
The report will take a moment,…it will be saved and then I can go open this report…and use this report as the basis for my new report…simply by choosing Edit Report…which we'll get to next.…I don't want to do this,…so I'm going to click Remove.…The other possibility is I would like to create…a report directly from my data set.…Remember that…what all the visualizations have in common…in a report is that all of them…are based on the same data set.…If I click on the Retail Analysis Sample,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.