Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create map visualizations, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] I've added another page to our report…for territories, so that we can take a look…at a few intricacies of working with geo-spacial data.…The types of data that we can plot on a map…include things like the postal code,…the territory which in this case is actually state,…city, street addresses in some cases,…and it's helpful if you actually are using…the appropriate geographic names for the column headings.…
For example, if there's no reason to call…this territory, it's helpful if it's called state.…It's helpful if this is called city,…and you'll notice in our city data…that if we list it in a table,…it actually shows us city, comma, and then…the abbreviation for the name of city,…and that's important, because when you have…city comma state, then Power BI…knows the difference between Washington, DC,…and the state of Washington.…
We're used to making sure that we have…city and state in separate columns,…but it's actually very helpful to the mapping feature…to have them together like this,…with a comma between the two fields.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.