Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and manage dashboards, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Our Retail Analysis Two report,…stellar as it is, is not our endpoint…because we want to create a dashboard…so that we can share what we have…with other members of our team.…Let's talk about how we manage dashboards broadly.…This will feel very similar to reports.…First, to create a new dashboard,…simple click the plus, enter a name for it.…My New Dashboard.…If I'd like to rename a dashboard,…I can click the Menu button,…choose Rename and say My First Dashboard.…
If I'd like to open a dashboard, I can click Open.…If I want to share, I can click Share…or click the Share icon.…We'll talk more about sharing later in the course.…If I want to remove a dashboard,…I simply click Remove and it will be permanently deleted…and Control + Z will do nothing for me here.…There is no undo for that.…If I'm looking at a dashboard and I would like to…add this to my Favorites list, which is up here,…I click Favorite…and when I want to see my favorite dashboards,…they're right here and I can simply click to open them.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.