Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a group and add users, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Up until now I have shared Reports…and I have shared Dashboards,…but the people I'm sharing them with…have the ability to view them…and to work with the interactivity,…but not to edit them.…If I want to have a collaboration around Dashboards…and have multiple people editing,…then I will need to find another way to share.…And the way I'll do that is I will create a group…and add members to that group.…When I create a group here or in Office 365,…because they're the same,…I automatically become the admin for that group.…
Admins have the ability to add and remove members,…admins have the ability to make other people admins,…and the admins are the folks who manage the group's content…in Power BI.…So they can create and update and delete Dashboards…and Reports for example.…You don't wanna make everybody an admin,…but you wanna have more than one.…A good rule is to have two or more people…who don't vacation together,…so there's someone available if one of you wins the lottery…or simply decides it's time for a few days off…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.