Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and arrange visualizations, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Continuing then with our report…that we're creating working in the data set itself.…If I wanted to add more information to this visualization…that I created in the last movie,…what I can do is select more information…and drag and drop it there.…Now I can tell that this visualization uses information…in the store category 'cause it's lit up,…and then it's very easy to find.…If I wanted to list the city as well as…the name of the store,…I can simply click and add it,…or I can drag and drop it in that visualization.…
To remove it, simply turn it back off.…Notice I'll need to provide a little more space here.…You'll know it's wide enough because the horizontal…scroll bar will go away.…If I wanted to add data to create a new visualization…then what I would do is drag and drop it elsewhere…or click so that this visualization is no longer selected…and then if I choose, for example, district,…notice that it creates a new visualization.…In the same way that if I drag and drop district…into an empty place in report canvas…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.