Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a QR code for a tile or dashboard, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] After the last movie…I felt like it would be good…to add something for the retail team to start with,…so I added the Customer Profitability Sample…from the Power BI site.…We have Datasets, Reports, and Dashboards already then,…which is kind of nice.…What if I wanted to be able to have people focus…on something that I thought was incredibly important?…For example, perhaps the Total Revenue…where we've had this decrease in revenue…is something that I think other people…should have access to.…
I can, of course, send a link to the entire dashboard,…but I'd like to focus people on a tile.…And the way I'm going to do that…is I'm going to first switch to focus on it…and then I'm going to Generate a QR Code…for this specific tile.…QR codes can be placed anywhere,…you can put it on a business card,…you can put it in an email,…you could put it on a poster,…and, as you'll see later in the course…if someone's using a mobile device…with the Power BI apps they can actually…go directly to this tile,…assuming that they have the appropriate permissions,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.