Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to Facebook, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
- [Voiceover] We've already looked at several…of the most common data sources.…Now let's look at one that's not common…but which I think can be fun.…In the Other category, you can create…a connection to Facebook.…In order to do this, you, yourself,…will need to have a Facebook account…because you're going to provide your credentials.…However, if you have a Facebook account,…let's play along.…There's a warning that you're connecting…to a third-party service.…I actually am grateful for this…because it's good to be reminded…that there are two partners…on either side of this connection…and that at some point,…either Facebook may change the API…which is what's necessary for a connection…or Microsoft may do that…or either company may decide…that they no longer wish to support…this much interaction or collaboration…between their products.…
In fact, this happens.…In April of 2015, Facebook changed…their interface for Graph…which is what we'll be using to pull information.…And because of that, if you have a query…that was created or a data connection…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.