Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect to a sample, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The Power BI site…has built in samples that are freely available…that include data sets, dashboards and reports.…To load the samples, click Get Data,…we've been here several times,…and notice below the Content Pack Library…there's a link that says Samples,…simply click the link and it will…display eight samples for you.…If you click on one of the tiles for a sample,…it will provide more information.…For example, Customer Profitability,…is for analyzing a company that manufactures…marketing materials, Human Resources Sample,…the IT Spend Analysis and so on.…
I'd like to connect to the Retail Analysis Sample.…This analyzes data about sales…across multiple stores and districts,…last year's sales data, this year's sales data,…assuming that everyone has purchased something…at one time or seen a store…and understands the idea of districts,…this is a fairly easy sample to jump into.…Click Connect,…and the data is being imported,…and notice under Reports,…we have a Retail Analysis Sample.…
When I click on the name of the report, the report loads,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.