Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect to a SaaS solution, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Power BI service…allows us to connect to a wide variety…of data sources.…Most of the are in the cloud.…For example, I can connect to SaaS services,…Software as a Service.…If I'm using QuickBooks online then I can…connect my QuickBooks instance with Power BI…so that I can query my QuickBooks information…and learn things about sales and about my customers…and about my accounts receivable and so on.…
If I'm using Salesforce then I can connect…my Salesforce data with Power BI…to be able to analyze my Salesforce data.…And if I'm using a different CRM,…for example, if I'm using Microsoft Dynamics CRM…either as a sales manager or as a service manager…I have those choices here as well.…Again, this list continues to grow.…I'll need to have appropriate information…to log into most of these services.…For example, if I wanted to connect…my GitHub data to Power BI and I click the Get button…I'm asked first to provide information about…the owner of the organization for the GitHub…repository and then the repository name.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.