Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up data, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
- [Voiceover] I've opened the Cleanup - Power BI…Desktop file.…This is very much the state of our data file…when we saved it at the end of the last movie.…So, if you've been working along, you should have something…very much like this with only one exception.…The items in the Fields list on the right are in…alphabetical order,…so I put an underscore in front of All Countries,…so that it would float to the top of the list.…Other than that, this is the data we've been working with.…And this is the first of three movies where we're going to…merge this data together.…
Not append which we did earlier.…Append which means to add to the end,…which we did to be able to create our countries.…This is instead a mashup of the data,…where we're going to take information that we have here,…and then information that we've seen earlier…about population and population growth in…different countries, and mash those two data sets together…so that we can do some analysis of growth based on,…for example, continents,…which is something that we get…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.