Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a dashboard with Quick Insights, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Another way to build a dashboard…is to use a feature called Quick Insights.…And to use Quick Insight,…all you'll do is choose a data set,…for example our customer catalog request,…which you may or may not recall…is a fairly large table that includes information…about first names and cities,…it has 200 records in it.…What I can do is point to customer catalog requests,…click the menu,…and then choose Quick Insights.…We'll see a notification that says…that it's searching for insights and it says…you have insights for customer catalog requests.…
When I click view insights,…notice that I have some unsaved changes…in the report I was creating that I did as a demo…with the names and I don't need that.…Check this out.…This is just so amazing…because Power BI scanned all of this data…and built some visualizations.…Now this doesn't mean they're the best visualizations.…It used a subset of our data,…in this case with 200 records it probably used all of them.…And what I can do…is decide that I would like to keep some of these…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.