Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Appending data to a query, part of Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
- [Voiceover] At the end of the last movie…we had created a .pbix file and if you are…working along with me and you saved it,…that is the file that you should open to start here.…I suggested that you name it Append.…Now what I'd like to do, is I'd like to create…one long query that includes all of this information.…One set of data, because these are…the results that are coming from…all of these different continents.…I don't want to have them separate,…I want to have them together.…The more I work with business intelligence,…the more I realize that having large sets of data…is very helpful and that the way…many people have spent their time in the past…taking, for example, a set of all the countries in the world…and separating them into different tabs in an Excel Workbook…is the wrong thing to do because then later…it makes that data harder to be able to work with.…
If they're all countries, keep them all together.…In the same way I've seen business settings…where each time there's a brand new year…there's a new set of spreadsheets that are created…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Installing and launching Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel and CSV files
- Connecting to a database or web data
- Querying data
- Transforming data
- Creating relationship between tables
- Merging data
- Creating visualizations and reports
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Sharing and unsharing reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Where is the course Power BI Features in Depth as mentioned throughout this course?
Power BI Features in Depth has been retired. Please see instead Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
Creating Excel Power Pivot and Power View Dashboardswith Ron Davis1h 12m Intermediate
Data Modeling with Excel Power Pivotwith Ron Davis1h 15m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Get Data
3. Model Data: Shaping, Combining, and Merging Data
4. Create Visualizations and Reports
5. Share Your Work
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.