Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a tile to a dashboard, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In addition to pinning tiles from reports…and pinning tiles from Excel, we have two other ways…that we can add tiles to our dashboards in Power BI.…In this movie, I'd like to show you…how you use the Add Tile function.…There are four different types of tiles that you can add.…The first is the text box, and we'll use that…for explanatory text and also for a title, if you wish.…The second choice is an image…and this image has to be online.…
It's not going to be an image that's sitting on your PC…or on your network, it's an image that you have a URL for.…The same is true with video, and at this point,…Power BI will allow you to insert video…from YouTube and Vimeo.…If you'd like to insert other web content…that's not, for example, an image or a video…in Vimeo or YouTube, but is rather web content…for which you have a URL,…then you would use web content.…
It's your fourth option.…And these are the four types of tiles that we can add…from the dashboard itself, using the Add Tile feature.…I'm going to click Add Tile, and let's use textbox,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.