Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a filter to a page or report, part of Power BI Pro Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Every report has two ways…that it can be viewed.…We've been working in edit view…because we've been creating this report…directly from the data set.…But when a user opens this up…who doesn't own this,…they'll see it in reading view.…And those are two very different views.…When we edit everything gets a little bit smaller…you'll notice because we need to have space…for the visualizations and the field pane.…Even if I hide those then it starts to get…a good size and that's good to know.…
But there are things that you and I can do…as owners of a report that are not available…in reading view.…And one of those is applying filters.…If I select for example this visualization…and we look here, we'll see that there actually are…a number of filters that have been placed on this visual,…that the chain is all, that city is all…and that's because every single column…that's here is a potential filter.…
But there are two other filter areas as well,…page level filters and report level filters.…Let's choose another visual.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Signing up for Power BI Pro
- Connecting to data sources
- Uploading data such as CSV and XLS files
- Creating reports, visualizations, charts, and maps
- Filtering, sorting, copying, and pasting visualizations
- Downloading custom visuals from the gallery
- Modifying existing reports
- Creating and managing data dashboards
- Querying data with Power BI Q&A and Microsoft Cortana
- Sharing report and dashboards
- Using Power BI Desktop and mobile apps
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Power BI
2. Power BI Data Sources
3. Create a Report with Visualizations
4. Modify and Print a Report
5. Create a Dashboard
6. Ask Questions About Your Data
7. Share Data with Colleagues and Others
8. Use Power BI Desktop
9. Use Power BI Mobile Apps
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.