Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Visualizing data over time, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…One of the cool things we can do with PowerMap…is show a visualization that includes the passage of time.…So I can show the agricultural area in a country…getting larger or smaller, the median age of its residence getting…older and younger or in this case, we're going to do…a visualization about pollution, about CO2 emissions in countries in total.…Now, this isn't per person that data is also available, but this…data on a total emissions of…carbon dioxide by country comes from gapminder.org.…
So, you can download this as well.…And I would like to take this data and do some massaging of it…so that I'm getting a data set that I actually want to work with.…Most of the countries weren't tracking carbon dioxide emissions.…I mean, we start with Austria in the 1800s.…And what I'd like to do is actually start about 100 years ago.…So I'm going to throw away everything prior to 1915 and just delete it.…Now there's some other things that I need to do to this data to be…able to work with it as dates and this is most easily done in power query.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.