Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using tiles for navigation, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…I'm in the tiles workbook which is another version…or our Power View map and I'm showing world population.…Remember that when I show the population, I have a legend here…at the side, but that's because…I'm actually coloring based on total population.…And, trying to show me all of these…different data points with different colors is more…at least than Power View can manage here…on my computer, so I'm going to remove total…population from color, and just allow Power View…to represent the data, in terms of the size…of the circle, so that I can see…the larger countries, the smaller countries, and so on.…
Now, I'd like to be able to look at the population by region,…and I had a region control here before, and it, it works fine.…I can check something and then when I check something…else, it kind of goes there and I can turn this off.…And then I can turn something else on.…Turn this off.…But, I'd like something a little bit slicker than that.…I'm going to add some tiles to the table filter,…and in this case the table, or visualization, is a map.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.