Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using formatting tools, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Any time you want to return to the map simply…go back to the insert tab, and launch power map again.…We have one tour that we've been working on already, and so here's our data.…And I want to show you some ways that you can format the map.…First there are a series of themes that are available.…And this is not a gallery where you point and you get to see what it looks like.…But this is a power map aerial color.…Ariel dark.…All these have names for example gray kind of hides everything out.…
This is interesting, it makes it look like we're in outer space even if we're not.…Same here very bright maps.…This one is black and white, as is this one.…And so each of these themes is a possibility.…I'm going to return to our initial theme.…I like my oceans blue rather than green.…If you want to be able to show details about…the actual locations, then you can turn map labels on.…And you'll get names for the countries and for the large bodies of water.…As you zoom in you'll get even more information.…
So if we spin slightly and then I zoom in, you'll notice that we see more city names.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.