Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Power Queries, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…You can utilize a power query in Power Pivot in the same way…that you can utilize external data that you get from a regular Excel workbook.…So I want to create a Power Pivot that uses…the power query that we created earlier in the course.…So I'm going to click manage and say that I want to get my data.…Not SQL Server Access, not from a data service…but from another source and it's an Excel file.…If you're using the exercise files provided on…the Lynda.com site, then I'm using the pqWorldPopByCountry.xlsx.…
If you're creating your own files, you may…already have a Power Query that you've created.…Might be the one you used earlier in the course.…But let's just choose it.…I always like checking the connection because it's a…power query, the first row is going to be headers.…I'll click next and this is every sheet in that workbook.…The one I want to use is actually this one right here, world.…I'm going to preview and filter, take a look this is showing me the first rows.…Countries, Continents.…
This is the query that we created and I'm going to click finish.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.