Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Power View, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Like Power Map and Power Query and Power Pivot, Power View…is another tool that's designed to run inside of Microsoft Excel.…And specifically, it's great for Microsoft Excel 2013.…And we'll do some of the same things in Power View…that we've done in the other applications that we've looked at.…For example, like Power Pivot, we can create tables and charts in Power View.…As with Power Map, we can create maps in Power View.…We can create other kinds of visualizations.…
And we can create these fabulous report.…What makes Power View different is we can create integrated reports that show a…table and a map, that show a chart and a matrix visualization, for example.…And so we have a reporting interface that we can place all…of these different types of visualizations on and look at them together.…Or allow our user to drive them together because we can…add sliders, like we would add if we were in Power Pivot.…And this would be very intuitive for our users…to be able to make choices and filter the report.…
There are two versions of Power View, actually, three right now.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.