Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding BI, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…Business intelligence, also called BI, is a broad category of…technologies that allow us to get data, to transform that…data to store it, then to use it to create…reports, scorecards, and different kinds of visualizations like charts and maps.…And then release them to end users, so that they can…take this data and the resulting reports and make better business decisions.…
That's the point of BI, better business decisions.…Until recently, whenever we talked about BI,…we were really talking about enterprise business intelligence.…And the players in this industry are huge.…They create great, big, huge products that cost…lots of money and lots of time to implement.…Things like Microsoft SQL Server, along with analysis…services and reporting services tied into your CRM system.…Tied into your manufacturing systems.…This is big stuff to be able to collect large pieces of information.…
Big data.…And then make it available to users in the form of reports.…And when we think about business intelligence, normally, all…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.