Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…It's truly been a privilege to spend this time training with you, and I hope that…you have a great time working with all…these tools for Self-Service BI and Power BI.…What happens next, then?…Well, if you're a person who wants to know everything there is to know about…retrieving and shaping data, I want to…encourage you to explore further with Power Query.…There is a world of data that's available to you.…And if you haven't spend time on gapminder.org, which is…the source of much of our data, I'd like to encourage…you to see some of the visualizations that have been…created there with the data that Hans Rosling is making available.…If you were intrigued by Power Pivot, you could…double-back on a pivot tables and pivot charts course.…You'll find courses on both of these in the Lynda.com training library.…Or, you might want to learn more about DAX.…The DAX formula language resources are available on the Microsoft site.…We examined most of the features of Power Map with…the exception of regions, but new features are being adding frequently.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.