Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting a 2D chart, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…There's a combination of a bar column chart and navigation tool that I…can add to a map, that provides some additional information for my users.…So, I'm opening insert chart, which is in chapter six in the exercise files.…And I've already added one more scene at…the bottom, which is called Top Bottom Growth.…It's a copy of the scene above, and I want to make some changes first.…
I'm going to go to the layers, and I only want to look at…the growth rate, so I'm going to remove or hide the Current Population.…That's my first step.…Now my growth rate, I could choose to make this higher because that would give it a…little more emphasis, but it's been consistent all…the rest of the time, so maybe, maybe not.…You can also change the shape of what these columns look like,…so if I want them to be, for example, tubular, or like stars,…and this doesn't seem to be a big deal until we get closer…to them, and we actually are going to zero in on these some.…
Now what I'd like to do is add a two-dimensional chart for the growth rate.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.