Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the data model for QA, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…This is better contoso API, also known as the file we just saved in the prior movie.…And I want to further tune my Power Pivot data model before I repost this…to my Power BI site for use in Power BI Q & A search.…So, I'm going to drop back into manage.…And lets take a look at some of the other choices that we…might want to make that would just give us far, far better results.…First, I have retained these table names because their good…table names but they weren't when I first got this workbook.…
I actually had table names that said dim, dim channel,…dim date, dim entity, fact sales and you might remember that.…By changing these names from dim channel to channel and fact…sales to sales, I've already made these tables far more recognizable.…So one of the first strategies that you might want to…do is to rename tables, and if necessary, to rename your columns.…The second possibility is that you want to…make sure that your data types are absolutely correct.…And you'll find those data types on the home tab.…So you'll want to make sure, for example, the dates are actually listed as dates.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.