Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting started with Power BI Q&A, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…I was so impressed with this Power BI Q&A Search, that I decided that…I wanted to take immediate advantage of it the very first time I saw it.…So I asked what is it that I need to be able to…do this, and I found that I needed things that I already had.…Let's go take a look.…The first requirement is that I have built an…Excel Data Model, and it must be built in PowerPivot.…You can also build data models in Power View…and you can build data models in other tools.…But for Power BI Q&A Search, it has to be…a PowerPivot Data Model, which is the kind we've been building.…
Then I take the workbook containing the Data Model and I save on a Power BI site.…And then the third thing is, I go to…that workbook and say add this to the Q&A catalog.…Because, if we didn't have that step then…every single workbook that had a Data Model…which instantly be engaged in Q&A which will…be pretty overwhelming in some of our sites.…So we want to be able to intentionally choose, add this…so that it can be searched using Power BI Q&A.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.