Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting a report, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…The format report workbook is the latest…version of our Power View world population report.…There are a set of tools that are available for formatting…Power View reports and it includes tools that you can use…to format the report as a whole, as well as tools…that you can apply to one visualization as opposed to all visualizations.…First, as with all of the office applications, we have themes.…The top eight are numbered themes one through eight.…Below that, in the next row, we begin to see themes that…you would be familiar with from Microsoft Excel or from Microsoft Word.…
Each theme includes a set of fonts and a set of colors.…I'm going to choose elemental.…And notice that it shifted my fonts.…And it also shifted my colors.…It's not that easy to tell.…There's not a lot of color here.…But it did and we're going to see that in a moment.…Then I can choose formatting for my background.…Because I chose elemental, I actually have a…set of blue color backgrounds I can choose from.…So I can choose a dark solid background, I can choose a gradient.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.