Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling Component Object Model (COM) add-ins for Power Pivot and Power View, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…If you're using Microsoft Office 365 or if you have some editions of Office…2013, you may already have many of the BI tools installed.…Some of them will be enabled as well.…So let's find out what we have to start with,…and then we'll go install what we need to install.…If Power Pivot, for example, were turned on, it would…have its own tab here and so would Power Query.…So I know I don't have those.…But if I click, for example, on the Insert tab, the tab that lets me insert…things like pivot tables and pivot charts, I…can see that I actually have Power Map already.…
Now, it's there, but it's not enabled.…And I also have the ability to use Power View.…So two of my tools are present.…We're going to come back to those in a bit.…I'm going to go to File > Options, and I'm going to want you to do this too.…Go to Add-Ins and choose Com Add-Ins.…And click Go to see the list of add ins that are included but are not yet enabled.…And I'm going to turn on Power Pivot.…I'm going to turn on Power…Map because I have it.…And I'm going to turn on Power View.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.