Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a tour, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…DmWorldPopByCountry is a Power Query model that we created earlier and it has…information on the population of each country…in the world and their growth rates.…As well as some other information, so we're going to use this to…create a quick Power Map, so that we can see how this tool works.…I'm going to click the tab that's called World, because…it has the information that I want, it has continents,…names of countries, their capitals, the growth rate, the total…population, and their percentage of the total population of the world.…
On the Insert tab in Excel, in the Tours group, choose to launch Power Map.…And it will immediately begin plotting our data.…Now, there are two types of spatial data that it can find right away.…It finds capitals, which are cities, and it finds names of countries.…So if I use capital, it will actually focus for example on,…in the United States, Washington D.C., on Ottawa in Canada,…on Mexico City in Mexico, and in Brazil on Brasilia.…
If I choose Name instead, it will drop a dot in the center of the country.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.