Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a map visualization, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…We're going to create a map with some data, much like we would in Power Map.…But instead, we'll use this as part of a Power View report.…The PopMaps workbook includes two tabs.…First is some population data we've been working with from gapminder.org.…And then, a population report, the beginning of a…Power View report that includes a table, with a…country and its population, and includes two…other visualizations, which are basically showing us what the filters say.…
We're filtered right now for region, Asia, and we're filtered for year.…I'm going to take my table and copy and paste it.…Like to move it up just a little higher, not a lot.…And I want to take back some of the space that this table takes up.…Remembering that I'd like to make sure that if we…have a lot more countries, that I can show them.…In this particular case, I'd like to also manage my numbering format.…My second table then, I'd like to turn into a map.…
Stretch it out and give it some room.…Now, it may be sometimes that you'll do this…and it says, we need to send your data to…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.