Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a column chart, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…I've opened the version of the population report…that is in the exercise files Chapter Eight, and…I would like to create a column chart,…which means I want to start by creating a table.…I'm going to choose Region, and then I'm going to choose Country,…and I'm going to count the countries, and there is my visualization.…Now it's not gorgeous, but that's okay.…I'm going to turn right around and turn it into a column chart.…So on the Design tab in the Switch Visualization group, I'm…going to choose a Clustered Column chart, and there we go.…
There's the count of country by region.…Now, this visualization takes up a little bit of space.…I'd like to give it a little more space, but before I…do, note that this chart naturally acts as if it's a filter.…If I click Europe, then it's going to filter everything else.…This is how charts work.…So it's a combination really, of a visual tool…and a navigation tool, which I think is pretty cool.…I'm going to carefully find a corner here, and select and drag my visualization.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.