Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating chart multiples to display data details, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Chart Multiples is a workbook that's one version of a world data model.…Now, not all the data in the world, but more data than we had.…We've been working with countries and regions and their populations.…The world data model also includes income per…person, life expectancy and the percentage of land…that's used for agriculture, and all of this…information is freely available to you from Gapminder.org.…I have opened up this workbook and it has not just…a Power View report but it also has a PowerPivot behind it.…
And because it has a PowerPivot data model, it's a…really cool data model that relates all of these tables.…When I create a Power View report, it immediately picks up the entire model.…So my report, in Power View, includes: population and regions, which…we've been working with, but agricultural land percentage and income per person.…Here is the table for life expectancy at birth…and this is a matrix based on that information.…So I have the countries, I have years filtered to start…in 1961 to leave some of the data out of this set.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.