Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a card visualization, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…The Cards workbook has our population, income, and…life expectancy information, and a power view report…that I've started to allow us to see…another way to create a text based visualization.…I have a table that includes country and our three pieces of fact.…I have two slicers that I've added, one for region, one for year, and…I want to convert my table from a table visualization into a card visualization.…
And what it will do is it will take each of…the columns, and it will convert it from the tabular approach of…a table to something like a contact card where I get to…see each of the fields with their labels underneath and their values.…If I want to do any formatting here, I would format in exactly…the same way that I would format if it was just a table.…I will select the item and Format, just like that.…I can change my text size, I can't change the size for only one field here.…
I can when I'm working directly in Sharepoint but not here,…but if I kick up the font size, I'm kicking the font size up for everything.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.