Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating bar, line, and pie charts, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Once I've created a visualization of any kind, I…can turn it into almost any other type of visualization.…So if I want to create, for example, a bar chart, I can choose Population by Region…and switch the visualization to a Clustered Bar chart, for example.…And I'll see the Population by Region, now, doesn't quite all fit.…So I'll need to give this a little bit more space.…And as I do now, they'll all fit.…Because Total Population by Region's already here, I might choose to get…rid of my text box which would give me even more room.…
Go up to the corner with this selected, and drag this up a little bit more.…So here are the number of countries per region,…and here is the total population by each region.…And, yes, it's that big of a difference, Asia, 39 billions and Europe, 11 billions.…Pretty impressive.…What if we wanted to turn this into a different type of a chart?…What are our other choices?…Well, if we select Our Visualization, we can create a pie chart.…This would show us what percentage of the world's population lives in each region.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.