Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PivotTable, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…This is a data model called ForPivotTable.…It's a model that we've been working with earlier.…And just to give you a quick tour.…We have Catalog Requests.…And those Catalog Requests then have a lookup of dates which lets…us see information about fiscal years, and month names, and so on.…And, by using a zip code, we can look up city, state, latitude, and longitude.…But what we're going to do instead, is we're going to create a PivotTable.…So when we choose PivotTable, we're asked where we want to put this,…we want to put it in a new worksheet or an existing worksheet.…
Note that it's not actually putting it in the data model, we're using…the data model to create a PivotTable that will be stored in the workbook.…So I'm going to choose New Sheet, and we're going to have access to…all of the PivotTable tools that we're used to having in Excel.…Here's the Analyze tab, here's the Design tab, there are…some additional choices that you'll see here on the Analyze tab.…But the really cool thing, is that we're…actually looking at data from three different tables.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.