Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing a table to a matrix visualization, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Every single visualization starts out as a table.…So whenever you want to create any type of visualization, you'll…begin by simply creating a table like the table we have here.…But from that point, you can select that table, the Design tab…will show up and you can choose a different type of visualization.…Under Table, we actually have three types of visualizations.…The first, is the basic table that we see in front of us here.…A table with rows and columns and where, if we add more…data, it will actually show up as one more column in the list.…
I'm just going to click this so you can see that there's the total population.…Turn it back off.…That's one way that we can add data.…We'll see some others in the next movie.…But I also have the choice of a matrix.…Matrix is almost exactly the same as a pivot table.…You don't get to pivot it in exactly the same way and…you don't have the same access to some of the types of summarizations.…But, this is a pivot table.…So, if I want to create a pivot table, I first have to change my table to a matrix.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.