Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying filters, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…There are a couple of different ways I can filter my visualizations in Power View.…I can, for example, filter only the countries by region.…Or, I can filter only the population by region.…I can filter both of them, separately.…Or, I can create filter controls that will filter both of them simultaneously.…Let's take a look at how this works.…I want to start by filtering countries by region.…So I'm going to click somewhere here, and create a filter.…
Now, there's a button right here that says Show Filters.…So if I select the visualization, click Show Filters, I will get two filters.…The first is for count of country, and the second is for region.…And I would like to click on Region to expand it…and I simply want to show Asia, Australia and Oceania, and Europe.…That's it.…Notice when I do that, I only see those three regions here.…I only see those three counts, those are…the only ones that are reflected in the summary.…
But population by region hasn't changed at all.…I also can choose to filter based on count.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.