Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Appending queries, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…At the end of our last movie I saved the resulting workbook as AppendQuery,…and if you'd like to you can open that up from the Exercise File set.…It's in Chapter Two.…And there are two big things we can do with queries.…We can add information from one query to the end…of another, which is what we're going to be doing here.…That's called appending, literally adding to the end.…Or, we can take the queries and think of them as, rather than…adding to the end, adding them side by side and mashing them up.…
That's called merging, but it's also called mash up.…It's just a great word.…I want to not merge in this case though, we'll see that later, but to append.…And when I do that it will create a new query.…So I'm going to begin with Africa.…See, I'm in Africa right now and what I'm…going to append is I'm going to append Asia.…So I'm in Africa, appending Asia.…It won't care that I append Africa to Africa, it will let me do that.…And what it says is okay, stop a minute.…I need to know about this data.…
So, this is because I've done one of these big combination actions.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.