Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding detail with annotations and text boxes, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…We already know how to show a legend.…We can also add a text box and put information in it, any place we want.…So, if we wanted to add some specific information about African population rates…are decreasing slightly.…Notice that we can format the text, we can put text in as a description.…And if we wanted to put, for example, Africa, or if…we wanted to put Trending, whatever you'd like to do here.…And we'll get a text box that we can position, and as…with the other text boxes when we're not clicking on it, the green bar goes away.…So that's a way to use a text box.…An annotation is a little different.…It's specific for a data point.…So when I choose a particular data…point, particular country or location for example, Ethiopia.…If I want to say something specific about that,…I need to decide whether I want to annotate…the population growth rate as a percent or the…current population, because each is a separate data point.…But let's say I want the growth rate of Libya.…I can right click and add an annotation.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.