Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding data to a visualization, part of Power BI Features in Depth.
…This looks a lot like a table we had a while ago.…It's the basic report that includes a table…summarizing how many countries are in each region.…And it has a title on the top.…What I can do then is I can add other visualizations to this report.…We already know how to create a matrix visualization, for example.…So what happens when I want to add information?…First, if I would like to add more data to this report, whether I'm…adding data to a table or adding it to a matrix, doesn't really matter.…
If I want to take, for example, my population…data here, and I drag it, if I drop…it in an existing visualization like my table, it…will be added as a column to my table.…Just like that.…Works.…Turn it off.…It's gone.…Turn it back on.…It know where it goes because it was just there.…If I want to get rid of it, the easiest way to do that, for me,…is to grab it and to drop it here where it has an X on it.…Let's take that same Total Population column.…
And this time, I'm going to drop it not within this visualization, but below it.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding data analysis and business intelligence
- Installing Office BI add-ins
- Searching for online data with Power Query
- Shaping data in the Query Editor
- Connecting to data sources
- Modeling data with Power Pivot
- Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with PowerPoint
- Visualizing geospatial data with Power Map
- Creating and formatting Power View reports
- Sharing your data using Power BI for Office 365
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Self-Service, Power BI, and BI Tools
2. Using Power Query to Get Data
3. Modeling Your Data with Power Pivot
4. Enhancing PivotTables and PivotCharts with Power Pivot
5. Expanding the Data Model in Power Pivot
6. Visualizing Geospatial Data with Power Map
7. Creating and Formatting Power View Reports
8. Creating Other Power View Visualizations
9. Sharing Your Data Using Power BI for Office 365
Next steps2m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.