Join Dan Sullivan for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of SQL for Statistics Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we get started, I want to briefly describe some assumptions about background knowledge. For this course, I assume you have some familiarity with relational databases and SQL. If, at any time, you would like a refresher on relational databases, I suggest you take a closer look at the Relational Database Fundamentals course or the SQL Essential Training course. I also assume you're familiar with installing software on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. We'll be working with the Postgres database and the pgAdmin graphical user interface which we'll install later in the course.
- Define variance and standard deviation.
- Calculate discrete percentiles.
- Calculate continuous percentiles.
- Analyze correlations.
- Explore linear models, such as linear regression.
Skill Level Intermediate
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
Advanced SQL for Data Scientistswith Dan Sullivan1h 24m Advanced
1. Basic Descriptive Statistics
2. Percentiles and Frequencies
3. Correlations and Ranks
4. Linear Models
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.