Shows how to architect PostgreSQL databases and integrate them into web applications using PHP.
- Hi, I'm Bill Weinman, and welcome to PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training. In this course, we'll explore PostgreSQL 9, a full-featured, open-sourced object relational database management system. I'll explain the major features of PostgreSQL in its usage in a PHP environment, focusing on real-world examples to aid you in implementing this powerful database engine in your applications. I'll show you the details of its SQL usage, functions, data types, expressions and operators.
This course is a great introduction to PostgreSQL 9, but some programming and database experience will really help you get the most out of these technologies. It's really exciting to be able to use a full-featured, enterprise-class database management system that still maintains its free and open-source roots. So let's dig in with PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training.
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Understanding database architecture
- Inserting, updating, and deleting data in a table
- Creating a database library
- Indexing ID fields
- Storing numbers, text, and Boolean values
- Reading data
- Using casts to force type
- Using mathematical functions
- Concatenating strings
- Working with date and time functions and operators
- Defining CRUD
- Using PHP to insert, read, update, and delete rows in a database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. Creating a Database
3. Data Types
4. Storing and Reading Data
5. SQL Expressions
6. Mathematical Functions and Operators
Using math functions3m 2s
7. String Functions and Operators
8. Date and Time Functions and Operators
9. PHP Interfaces
10. Web Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.