Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training.
If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can use them to…follow along with the lessons as I present them.…Because this course uses PHP, you will need a web server installed on your…development machine, and for many of the exercises you will need to copy the…exercise folders to the document root directory of your web server.…Here in the Exercise Files folders, you will find a folder for each of the…chapters in this course.…For many of the chapters you will find an examples.sql file.…This file contains snippets of SQL to help you follow along with the examples in the movies.…
The rest of the folders contain supporting files, for example, applications…and other purposes.…They will be explained as we use them.…Many of these files are available for non-Premium members of the lynda.com…Online Training Library.…The chapter folders are available for Premium members.…If you do not have access to the chapter folders, you can easily follow along…and create files of your own.…
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Understanding database architecture
- Inserting, updating, and deleting data in a table
- Creating a database library
- Indexing ID fields
- Storing numbers, text, and Boolean values
- Reading data
- Using casts to force type
- Using mathematical functions
- Concatenating strings
- Working with date and time functions and operators
- Defining CRUD
- Using PHP to insert, read, update, and delete rows in a database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. Creating a Database
3. Data Types
4. Storing and Reading Data
5. SQL Expressions
6. Mathematical Functions and Operators
Using math functions3m 2s
7. String Functions and Operators
8. Date and Time Functions and Operators
9. PHP Interfaces
10. Web Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.