Learn why percentiles are useful for learning about data distribution.
- [Narrator] Percentiles are 100 equal groups…with the population of values divided across the groups.…Percentiles help us understand the distribution of data…by grouping values into equal sized buckets.…Discrete percentiles return a value…that exists in the column.…These are useful when you want to know the value…in the column that falls into a percentile.…Now continuous percentiles interpolate…the boundary value between percentiles.…So continuous percentiles are useful when you want to know…what is the value at the boundary…between two percentile buckets.…
- Define variance and standard deviation.
- Calculate discrete percentiles.
- Calculate continuous percentiles.
- Analyze correlations.
- Explore linear models, such as linear regression.
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced SQL for Data Scientistswith Dan Sullivan1h 24m Advanced
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
1. Basic Descriptive Statistics
2. Percentiles and Frequencies
3. Correlations and Ranks
4. Linear Models
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.