Learn the difference between rank and dense ranks.
- [Narrator] Relational databases are designed…so that the order of rows usually does not matter.…We can do things like ordering rows…when we need to, but sometimes…we need to know more about the relation between values…within a row and values across rows.…We've seen three functions that can help…what these kinds of relations.…The correlation function measures…how two variables change with respect to each other.…The row number function allows us…to provide a rank order to a row…but in a way that does not depend…on the sort order of the query.…
The mode function tells us…about the most frequently occurring…value in a group of rows.…All three of these functions are useful…for helping us understand…how data within a row and across a row relate to each other.…
- Loading data into PostgreSQL
- Variance and standard deviation
- Linear models, such as linear regression
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced SQL for Data Scientistswith Dan Sullivan1h 24m Advanced
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
1. Basic Descriptive Statistics
2. Percentiles and Frequencies
3. Correlations and Ranks
4. Linear Models
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.