Learn the definition of mode and how to compute it.
- [Instructor] Let's look at another function…that gives us information about the relationship…between values and rows.…The Mode function tells us…the most frequently occurring value in a group of rows.…For example, we might wonder what the most common number…of employees on a shift is in any given month.…We can build a query starting with a mode calculation.…We'll do that by calling the Mode function,…and then specifying within Group,…and then specifying an Order By over a column.…
And the column we're interested is…the number of employees per shift.…So, this statement will give us a column…that specifies the mode.…So, let's give it an alias,…we'll call it emp mode for the mode of employees.…Now, let's flesh out the Select statement.…Let's start with select.…And we want to work with month of year.…So, we'll specify that.…And we need to specify where we're getting this data.…And of course, that's from the store sales table.…
And we'll want to group by…the month of year.…And we do that, of course, because we want the mode…
- Define variance and standard deviation.
- Calculate discrete percentiles.
- Calculate continuous percentiles.
- Analyze correlations.
- Explore linear models, such as linear regression.
Skill Level Intermediate
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
Advanced SQL for Data Scientistswith Dan Sullivan1h 24m Advanced
1. Basic Descriptive Statistics
2. Percentiles and Frequencies
3. Correlations and Ranks
4. Linear Models
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.