Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing PostgreSQL on Ubuntu Linux, part of PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training.
In this movie, we're going to install Postgres on a Linux desktop system.…Here I'm using Ubuntu 11.04. This is the April 2001 version of Ubuntu.…Ubuntu is released twice a year,…so your version will probably be later, since I am recording this in October and…they will probably release a new version soon.…If you are using a different distribution of Linux, the process should be…roughly the same, but of course each distribution kind of does their own thing,…so you may need to adjust.…
I'll be installing Postgres 9.1. The version released with Ubuntu 11.04 is…Postgres 8.4, which is a couple of years old, but either way, it's probably best…to just download it and install it from the web site than to install it from…Ubuntu's repository.…So we will start by bringing up our web browser, and here I'm using Firefox.…I am going to go to the Postgres homepage, which is at Postgresql.org. And I will…click on Downloads, and I'll click on Linux, and I'll click on Graphical…Installer, and then I'll click on Download packages from EnterpriseDB.…
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Understanding database architecture
- Inserting, updating, and deleting data in a table
- Creating a database library
- Indexing ID fields
- Storing numbers, text, and Boolean values
- Reading data
- Using casts to force type
- Using mathematical functions
- Concatenating strings
- Working with date and time functions and operators
- Defining CRUD
- Using PHP to insert, read, update, and delete rows in a database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. Creating a Database
3. Data Types
4. Storing and Reading Data
5. SQL Expressions
6. Mathematical Functions and Operators
Using math functions3m 2s
7. String Functions and Operators
8. Date and Time Functions and Operators
9. PHP Interfaces
10. Web Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.