Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing PostgreSQL on a Mac, part of PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training.
Installing Postgres on a Mac involves a few steps.…There is a little configuring to do.…You need to create a Postgres user, and you need to install the software.…So let's get started.…If you're running OS X Lion Server version, Postgres is already installed.…We will be concentrating on the non-server version of OS X 10.7 Lion.…The first thing you need to do is to create the Postgres user.…So we are going to go into System Preferences, and we are going to go into…Users, and we are going to create a user.…So I will click on the little lock down here, type in my password, and now I am…going to create a user.…
Now the purpose for this is that Postgres actually requires its own user to run the server.…It's a security thing, because Postgres is typically involved in a…server environment.…For our purposes, we are not installing it in a server.…We are not going to be sharing this server with other users, but we are going to…follow the procedures for installing the software anyway.…We'll install it as a Standard user.…
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Understanding database architecture
- Inserting, updating, and deleting data in a table
- Creating a database library
- Indexing ID fields
- Storing numbers, text, and Boolean values
- Reading data
- Using casts to force type
- Using mathematical functions
- Concatenating strings
- Working with date and time functions and operators
- Defining CRUD
- Using PHP to insert, read, update, and delete rows in a database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. Creating a Database
3. Data Types
4. Storing and Reading Data
5. SQL Expressions
6. Mathematical Functions and Operators
Using math functions3m 2s
7. String Functions and Operators
8. Date and Time Functions and Operators
9. PHP Interfaces
10. Web Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.